JOIN OUR TEAM
Do you have what it takes? Are you driven and passionate? Are you a team player and enjoy creating beautiful spaces?
We are currently seeking an Interior Designer to join our team at LH Design Studio in Travelers Rest, SC. We are located roughly 40 minutes from beautiful Asheville, NC and 25 minutes from the growing city of downtown Greenville, SC. LHDS is a sister company to Gabriel Builders, Inc., which was founded in 1984. Named after their oldest son, Gus and Belinda Rubio strived to create a company that held quality and integrity to the highest of levels. In 2014, the National Association of Home Builders named Gabriel Builders National Custom Home Builder of the Year. This award continues to be a great honor for the entire team. With numerous awards at the state level, Gabriel Builders takes pride in putting heart and soul into each detail of a home.
Interior Designer Job Description
We are looking for creative, detail-oriented candidates with strong interpersonal skills to take on the position of Interior Designer. The Interior Designer’s key responsibilities include visualizing design plans as per client goals, sourcing finishes and materials, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met.
Good Interior Designers are able to think creatively about the use of space, color, and movement and will draw on other artistic mediums for creative inspiration. They will also be effective communicators with the ability to persuade in communicating a design idea.
Interior Designer Responsibilities
- Outline client design objectives.
- Conceptualize and sketch designs.
- Create and follow a timeline/schedule for projects from start to finish.
- Select finishes, materials, and products (i.e. appliances, plumbing, lighting, furniture, accessories, etc.) included in project.
- Create ‘concept/inspiration boards’ to sample design vision.
- Utilize computer applications in the design process.
- CAD (required)
- Revit (required)
- Microsoft Office (required)
- Adobe Photoshop (preferred)
- Sketchup (optional)
- Follow client budgets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with architects, project managers, vendors, trade partners, and other disciplines to ensure project details are carried out correctly, including technical issues and project information at all levels of contract administration.
- Site walkthroughs (i.e. electrical, A/V, plumbing, etc.) throughout construction phase of project
- Meet with clients and present yourself in a professional manner.
- Implement all phases of a design project which includes budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, documentation, including the selection and specification of furniture.
- Furniture and accessory installations (some physical labor required).
Interior Designer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field.
- 2+ years of Interior Design experience required.
- Portfolio of design work.
- Design project management experience.
- Highly creative, imaginative, and innovative.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in regards to communicating an artistic vision.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Knowledge of other drafting and/or rendering programs beneficial but not required.
- Experience with detailed cabinet design.
- Rendering (digital or hand) skills beneficial but not required
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Focused, respectful, and professional attitude.
- Works well with others in collaborative setting.
Fill out the form below and attach your resume, cover letter, & portfolio. Thank you for your interest in working at LH Design Studio! We will reach out to you shortly.